Senior Trial Attorney
Christopher Estoll has a unique ability to focus on the one aspect of a case that will be determinative of the outcome. His years of experience allow him to identify that pivotal issue and advocate for the right outcome based on that specific fact. He resolves most cases with a dismissal or a favorable plea offer that is too good to refuse. When he has to proceed to trial, he is successful as helping juries see that the government is overreaching and achieving acquittals.
In the last two years, Mr. Estoll has successfully defended charges of first degree murder, attempted second degree murder, sexual assault on a child, felony theft, menacing, fraud, child abuse and many cases of alleged domestic violence.
Mr. Estoll practices primarily in Boulder, Broomfield, Adams and Jefferson counties. However, with the advent of virtual appearance and video court, he is more easily able to accept cases throughout the state and has recently represented clients in Arapahoe, Park, Larimer and Weld counties.
- Criminal Defense – focusing on serious felony matters, including allegations of sexual assault, murder and other significant accusations that may carry the threat of a potential prison sentence.
- Protection Orders – concentrating on matters that require significant litigation on short notice.
- Juvenile Issues – helping protect young people’s futures from the consequences of false accusations and immature mistakes
- Dependency and Neglect – protecting parent’s rights in order to keep families together.
- University of Colorado Law Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. – 2005
- Honors: Bernard J Seeman Scholar; William J Bowe Memorial Scholar; William O DeSouchet Scholar; Jim R Carrigan Cup Winner; Joel H Greenstein/Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Award, Dean’s List
- Wheaton University Wheaton, Illinois
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: Philosophy
- President’s Scholar; cum laude
- District Attorney, Boulder 2006-2015
- Datz Law Firm 2015-present
Legal Teaching Experience
- Mock Trial Coach: University of Colorado Law School
- Instructor: University of Colorado Law School
- Instructor: Colorado District Attorney Association
- Instructor: Colorado Bar Association
- Instructor: Longmont Police Department