Child Custody and Abuse Specialists
Parenting time and parental decision-making responsibilities can be points of contention in divorce and legal separation cases. However, when allegations of child abuse enter the picture, the complexities and emotions surrounding a case can become far more intense, and having an experienced lawyer on your side can be pivotal to:
- Ensuring that the child’s safety and wellbeing are protected
- Bringing these cases to successful resolutions so that you can focus on your future.
Definition of Child Abuse
According to Colorado law, child abuse is “any act or failure to act by a parent that harms a child physically or emotionally.”
Our Experience Resolving Child Abuse Allegations in Family Law CasesAccording to Colorado law, child abuse is “any act or failure to act by a parent that harms a child physically or emotionally.”
At The Datz Law Firm, our Broomfield family law attorneys are experienced abuse specialists who are skilled at:
- Proving when physical and/or sexual abuse has been exacted on a child – With the insight of a former district attorney, our Broomfield family law attorneys understand how prosecutors litigate cases involving crimes against children. This makes us effective at establishing when child abuse may be a factor in a family law case.
- Defending people who are falsely accused of abusing a child – Unfortunately, not all allegations of child abuse are legitimate, as people can be inclined to make false accusations because they are bitter and/or just want to get the upper hand in case. Our Broomfield family law attorneys are effective at refuting false allegations to help our clients clear their good names and not lose ground in custody cases.
Potential Evidence of Child Abuse
When it comes to proving or refuting allegations of child abuse, some of the evidence that our Broomfield family law attorneys may use to bolster our clients cases can include (but may not be exclusive to):
- Witness testimony, including from relatives, neighbors, and/or educators
- Medical records
- Expert testimony, including from doctors and psychologists.
Should the courts deem there to be sufficient evidence of child abuse or neglect, the court limit or deny parenting time to one parent, ordering supervised visitation or even awarding one parent full custody.
Broomfield Family Law Attorneys at The Datz Law Firm
Is child abuse an issue in your custody case? Or have you been wrongly accused of child abuse? If so, the Broomfield family law attorneys at The Datz Law Firm are here for you, ready to help you protect you and your child’s interests. At The Datz Law Firm, we know how stressful and consuming family legal issues can be. That’s why we’re here to help you resolve these issues, get through these challenging times and move forward into a brighter future.
We are proud to offer the same type of legal advocacy and client-centered service that we would demand if we were in our clients’ shoes, and we are ready to put our experience, skills and resources to work helping you.