Resuming 7 Divorce Tips: How to Get Through Your Divorce (Pt. 1), here, we will continue to point out some essential divorce tips that can help you smoothly get through the legal process of divorce.
More Essential Divorce Tips
Tip 3 – Be honest about your marital assets.
When divorce starts to turn ugly, it can be tempting to lie about your marital assets (like by hiding certain assets or funds) to try to get back at your ex. At all costs, you should try to avoid this temptation, as lying about, hiding or even quickly selling off your marital assets could lead to:
- Your divorce taking a lot longer to resolve, as investigations may be conducted by your ex to try to find the hidden assets.
- Your divorce costing a lot more, as the longer the case drags on the more expensive it will generally be.
- You potentially facing charges of fraud (or other criminal charges).
Tip 4 – Consider alternatives like collaborative divorce or mediation.
In certain cases, divorcing partners may be able to resolve their divorce case faster by pursuing alternatives to the traditional process, such as collaborative divorce or mediation. In fact, these alternatives tend to be the best option when:
- Couples don’t share kids.
- Couples have little marital assets (maybe because the marriage didn’t last the long) or little marital debt.
- Couples are able to communicate with each other.
- Couples want to have the power to make the decisions regarding the issues of their divorce.
- Domestic violence is not an issue in a marriage.
When these alternatives are successful, they can end up saving people a lot of time, money and stress while allowing divorcing individuals to:
- Have a hand in deciding how the issues of their divorce should be resolved
- Get on with their lives faster.
For some more helpful divorce tips, make sure that you look for the upcoming conclusion to this blog series!
Broomfield Divorce Lawyers at The Datz Law Firm
Are you getting ready to file for divorce? If so, the Broomfield divorce attorneys at The Datz Law Firm are ready to provide you with superior representation. At The Datz Law Firm, we know how stressful and consuming divorce can be. That’s why we’re here to help you favorably resolve your divorce, get through these challenging times and move forward into a brighter future.
At every stage of our clients’ cases, our Broomfield divorce attorneys are proud to offer the same type of legal advocacy and client-centered service that we would demand if we were in our clients’ shoes.
Contact Us Today
Let’s discuss your options for ending your marriage. To schedule an initial consultation, call us at (720) 256-2404, or email us using the contact form at the top of this page.
Although our office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., we make ourselves available anytime of the day or night to talk about your important legal matters – or simply to discuss your worries and concerns. The bottom line is that we are flexible, available, and responsive.
From our offices in Broomfield, we represent clients throughout the Denver metro area, as well as throughout Boulder County, Broomfield County, Jefferson County, Weld County, Adams County, Arapahoe County and Douglas County.